Careers at Paschall Logistics, Inc.
We are a 100% employee-owned company serving clients nationwide. We all have a personal stake in the success of our company, and have been in business since the 1930s.
Interested in joining our team? See below for current job openings.
Department: Paschall Logistics
Reports To: VP of Logistics
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt. Salary. Paid weekly.
This position will have accountability for the daily operational responsibilities for their division and or branch. The key focus is to design and promote the growth and profitability of Paschall Logistics, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and Mentor others
- Lead and train all aspects in the McLeod software
- Coordinate Staffing and Personnel needs with Office Manager and Human Resources
- Review and approve purchase orders and payroll weekly
- Coordinate company needs with IT , MIS and Phone Systems
- Support Office Manager with the Coordination of vendor training and needs such as DAT, Truckstop
- Adhere to and comply with Federal, State, DOT, OSHA, and Company rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates support to the Paschall Logistics, Inc. Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Work with the Vice President of Logistics and others on leadership team to establish and promote a true quality improvement process to include the involvement of all personnel.
Perform other duties as assigned or become necessary.
- Improving and building the business.
- Leadership and Mentoring
- Support VP of Logistics in short and long term strategy discussion and implementation
- Timely and accurate performance.
- Identification of areas needing improvements and implementation of corrective measures.
- Effectiveness of employee relations; employee development and training.
- Supporting, building and meeting expectations on budget and yearly financial plans
- All operational staff including but not limited to those direct reports at their branch location
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience or 1 – 2 years as Office Manager or 3 years as Logistics Operations Manager
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent work history with proven track record.
- Ability to travel when needed
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Decision making skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Growth, Leadership and sales oriented.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Professional, clean, neat appearance.
- No convictions of serious crimes.
- Ability to read and comprehend general instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and speak before groups of employees and outside consultants and respond to questions/comments from the same.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS
- Ability to work independently. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to plan and organize workload. Ability to handle very detailed information.
- Ability and flexibility to handle work pressure and work with interruptions.
- Ability to meet work processes deadlines. Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to function as a team player. Willing to learn and accept responsibility.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees, vendors, consultants, and auditors.
- Strong knowledge of acceptable Paschall Logistics, Inc. standards.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to integrate and analyze data.
- Excellent mathematical skills in adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and analyzing rates.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to determine reasonableness of detail and summary information as related to accounting reports. Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally roll or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will work on a computer and simultaneously use the telephone more than 90% of the time and must have good hand/finger dexterity. The employee will also be required to travel various distances as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.